Anguished Repose has grown so amazingly well of late. I cannot express how thrilled I am with its progress and the joy I have in seeing my efforts flourish through popularity.
AR has a few faithful posters who pop in regularly and keep this place a wonderful place to visit and for them, I am so grateful because they know me, and my often very Southern ways so very well.
I am also grateful for the newbies who pop in to post comments from time to time and I urge all who have fun here, to do so as well and as much as they like…
However, please be advised I consider this blog a family friendly environment. I am Texan born and raised and as a result, my ‘ways’ tend to fall in line with more traditional standards of Southern manners.
As this is my blog, a certain degree of Southern etiquette will be required for those who care to take part in the discussions. Generally most blogs on the internet allows one to be as abrasive, crass and as rude as one would like without threat of censorship…
But this is not one of those places, hence the key word ‘my‘ from the words ‘my blog’.
Want to go to a blog that does not require one to utilize the manners all mature adults should use? Go there. Please.
- Cursing is frowned upon…Because it generally makes you look like an idiot with nothing to any conversation. as I am not a fan of idiots, don’t do it. Or rather, if you must? Don’t do it here. Or your replies will be edited.
- Be humble – Always put others first and yourself last (“after you…”).
- Be courteous – This stems from the Golden Rule (“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you).
- No trolling – In other words? Don’t act like a jerk just because (only) thanks to internet anonymity? You can be braver than you are in real-life. Much like your mother, when you were a kid and had friends over…I will not tolerate boorish behavior towards others.
- Be friendly – Act this way towards everyone whether you know them or not.
- Welcome new posters.
- Ask yourself, ‘How would Disney edit my post?’ before you hit the reply key.
If you would be so kinda as to follow these basic tenets, it would be very much appreciated. However please know that if you do not, do not be surprised if your posts are handled accordingly.
Thank you for your consideration and again…